Most of us who have been intimately involved with someone beyond the infatuation stage know that relationships are like a rollercoaster ride. When things are good, they are very, very good. When things are bad, they are very, very bad. As if u are seeing this, I have developed Top 10 List of things to do and not to do in relationships.
- Just listen to your partner without offering advice.
- Trust and respect her.
- Treat her as an equal partner in your relationship.
- Stay and support her when she gets emotional. She is looking for understanding, not solutions.
- Continue your courtship even after she’s committed to you. Continue to create romance in your relationship.
- Do little things on a regular basis. A woman doesn’t care if you call her at work to say, “I love you” or if you buy a new TV for the living room. The small things are worth just as much as the big ones.
- Honor any agreements you have made with her.
- Encourage her goals and direction.
- Find out what your partner would like to do and then do it with her.
- Say, “I’m sorry” when you’ve done something you regret or that was hurtful to your partner, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
- Go to bed angry with your partner.
- Try to offer advice or solutions when your partner just needs you to listen to her without comment.
- Pretend to listen to her when you really aren’t.
- Shut your partner out when you need to sort things out in your head. Just explain you need space, you aren’t angry with your partner and that you’ll be back.
- Criticize your partner, especially her appearance.
- Yell at your partner as if you were her father.
- Take every word she says literally. Women, when upset, tend to speak in absolutes, such as “You NEVER listen to me;” when what she really means is that you aren’t listening to her at that time.
- Allow jealousy to erode the trust, love and respect of your relationship.
- Violate her privacy.
- Forget special occasions.